ETI Dynamics launches Sustainable Food & Agriculture PlatformSector : Food and Agriculture
ETI Dynamics launches Sustainable Food & Agriculture Platform
By 2050, the world's population is expected to grow by more than 50% crossing 9.5bn mark. The world's demand for food will increase manifolds. The per capita calorie intake is likely to grow to over 3000 by 2050 in addition to demand for animal protein. Majority of this growth will come from developing and high growth economies.
To address these major issues and systemic shocks, ETI Dynamics has launched a new initiative to bring sustainability related innovation in the food and agriculture sector.
The areas of focus are:
1. Urban farming
2. Bringing irrigation to lands
3. Increasing yields through better soil and water management
4. Storage and Warehousing
5. Reducing emissions from farms
6. Smart Farms - Use of advanced technologies and ICT platforms
7. Reducing wastage
8. Reducing competition with biofuels